Sunday, September 20, 2009

Failing at life

This is for Saturday, not Sunday. Sunday's post will be later (maybe).

So, I was rather happy on my way to work today. No idea why. It's not like I was going anywhere after my shift.
But then my car kinda died on me. From the same thing it died on me last time. It sucks. Sounded different than last time. More screechy, less clicks.
I called the boyfriend of a friend of mine. Just happened to be talking to him at that very moment about fixing something in my car. Then I called dad. He told me to get my shit together and walk to work and just leave the car there to fend for itself. Then he was a jerk about it saying that if I left the car alone, people would have it dismantled by the time I got out. Lovely. I started crying. I think I had a moment of hysteria too. Anyway, I called work, bawling my eyes out. The lady!manager told me to calm down and to call her when I got things fixed. Dad called the mechanic. I was two minutes by car from the fail!mechanic's house. Joy.

But he came anyway. And they tugged the car to the house and up the hill. I was calm by then. I started talking with the fail!mechanic's wife. I had to keep talking or else I would break and cry again. I had already cried a lot. I have no idea why I cried so much. It's not like it's rare for that car to break down. And usually I reply to it's temperaments with annoyance. But I cried for it today. I think I'm stressed.

I got to work an hour and a half later. And it was good. Dunno why but I felt shitty all shift. I was sent to the aisles and I did a speedy organizing even tho I stopped a few times. I kept trying to think of different things in order not to think of the car.

I hate when people ask "how are you?" in passing. It tugs at me to always just say "fine" or "good". When did "how are you?" became as casual as "hello"?

Ignore me, I'm being analytical of things. I took short naps for the rest of the afternoon. But it's already 3am now and I have a shift tomorrow/today morning. At 11. It's Sunday shift. In which we get paid double. But annoying politics want to change it to a regular day. D: I dun wanna work on a Sunday at all. Much less if it's on regular pay. We don't get paid enough as it is considering how low the wages are.

Hmm. More sleeping, less thinking.

~Flare

No comments:

Post a Comment